|A wedge of the loaf ready for sampling.|
|You can see the sliced banana and coconut sprinkled on top.|
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, divided
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
½ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed, ripe bananas, (3-4)
½ cup full-fat coconut milk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 ripe banana sliced into 1/4 inch slices
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F . Grease a 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13 cm), loaf pan. Line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together flour, ¾ cup coconut, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat the coconut oil and sugars until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in bananas, coconut milk and vanilla
4. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and mix until just combined. Scrape into the prepared pan and top with the remaining 1/4 cup coconut and banana slices.
5. Bake for 70-90 minutes. Test readiness by inserting a toothpick into the centre and it comes out with moist crumbs. Let it cool before slicing.