Sunday, May 22, 2016

CAULIFLOWER VEGETABLE SOUP WITH DILL

Cauliflower is not as expensive as it once was during the winter and I have started to buy it more often.  I have a few favourite recipes for cauliflower and one of them is including it in soup.  I also love dill and the addition of dill to any soup always adds great flavour.  Dill grows in my garden and I freeze it during the summer and fall for future use.  I will even freeze the fresh dill that I buy in the grocery store if I am not using it fast enough and I don't want it to spoil in the fridge.  A bowl of this soup can be capped off with a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese. 



INGREDIENTS:

2 tbsp oil or butter

2 cloves of garlic minced
1 large onion, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 medium potatoes, chopped
1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
4 cups of broth - vegetable or chicken
1 tsp dried dill or fresh to taste
salt and pepper to taster
1 cup milk

DIRECTIONS:

In a large soup pot, heat the oil or butter on medium high and add the garlic and onions.  Saute for five minutes on medium low.  Add the carrots, celery and potatoes and cook for another five minutes. Add the broth and cauliflower and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to a simmer and look for 30 to 45 minutes.  Using an immersion hand blender, puree about half of the soup, add the milk, dill and salt and pepper and let it heat for five minutes.  Serves 6.


Modified from all recipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment