Tuesday, November 9, 2010

PUREED BEAN DIP

In looking for some different lunches to make for the work week, I came across an idea while looking at other recipes.  As I eat hummus quite frequently and usually as part of my lunch or a snack, I was looking to make something different than using tahini and chick peas.  This recipe uses a white bean and spinach.  You can make a number of different variations depending on what you have in your cupboards and fridge. I used a large can of romano beans but you can use navy, cannellini or white kidney beans.  I am going to provide the recipe via the photos.  I quite like this recipe and will make it again.

In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil on medium heat.  Add a small chopped onion, one minced garlic clove and several chopped mushrooms. Saute until the vegetables are tender.

Add two handfuls of spinach.

Saute on medium heat until the spinach is wilted. 

To the blender, add a drained can of beans.  I used a large can of romano beans.  I left a bit of liquid in the can to help in the blending process.

Add the sauteed vegetables to the blender and puree until smooth.

The finished product.  Ready for sampling.

I dipped a rice cracker into the dish of pureed beans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment