Saturday, November 20, 2010

SALMON WITH HOISIN OR TERIYAKI GLAZE

I am always looking for simple and easy recipes for salmon or steelhead trout.  I use salmon and steelhead trout interchangeably.  The gem for making this recipe came from a Anne Lindsay cookbook- Lighthearted at Home.  I changed the recipe as I didn't have all of the ingredients.  I used teriyaki sauce as I didn't have hoisin sauce in the fridge.  One product I do buy in jars is minced garlic and fresh minced ginger root.  Having these jars in the fridge makes cooking easier.

Basic ingredients - minced ginger, teriyaki sauce, red chili pepper jelly and sesame oil.

Ingredients are mixed in a bowl.

Steelhead trout fillets are placed on a cookie sheet covered with tin foil.

Mixture is spread over the fillets.

After baking and ready to eat.
INGREDIENTS:
2 large salmon or steelhead trout fillets
2 tbsp hoisin or teriyaki sauce
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp red chili pepper jelly

DIRECTIONS:
In a small bowl, mix the teriyaki, ginger, sesame oil and jelly.  Lay the fillets on a large cookie sheet that has been covered with a layer of tin foil.  I use tin foil to cover the cookie sheet for easier cleaning.  Spread the mixture over the fillets and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.  Makes 4 to 5 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment