Wednesday, February 23, 2011

CAESAR SALAD

When I get a craving for caesar salad, I like to make my own caesar salad and dressing versus ordering this kind of salad in a restaurant.  I find these restaurant salads usually have too much dressing coated on the romaine lettuce and are overpriced for what you get.  

The dressing I make has seven ingredients.  I don't add croutons to my salad and I will use a variety of grated cheeses depending on what is in the fridge.  I usually use parmesan or asiago cheese.  I also like to chop the romaine lettuce into small pieces.
Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and Dijon mustard.

Lemon juice, olive oil and mayonnaise.

Dressing mixed in a small bowl.

Chopped romaine lettuce with grated asiago cheese. 




INGREDIENTS:


Romaine lettuce, chopped
asiago cheese, grated

Dressing
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
ground pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Mix the dressing in a bowl.  Into a serving bowl or single portion bowl, add the lettuce and sprinkle grated cheese on top.  Add dressing to taste and mix together.  Store unused dressing in the fridge for future salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment