Wednesday, November 14, 2012

BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH ALMONDS

I like brussel sprouts but I think I am in the minority versus majority.  I made this dish to jazz up the brussel sprouts for the DH.  I didn't add much oil to the dish and you might want to use butter instead of oil.  I also used a sour dough bread with fennel and raisins so I didn't add other spices to the mixture.   The fennel and the raisins in the sour dough added to the flavour.



INGREDIENTS:

about a dozen brussel sprouts, ends trimmed, washed and halved
1 tbsp olive oil
16 almonds, chopped
3 tbsp parmesan cheese
2 slices of bread, cut into small pieces, toasted
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

In a medium size pot, cook brussel sprouts until tender.   Let cool.  In a pyrex dish mix all of the remaining ingredients with the brussel sprouts.  Cover with a lid and bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes until all ingredients are hot and the cheese has melted.  You can also microwave the dish, instead of baking, for about 5 minutes.  Serves 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment