Friday, June 28, 2013

NEW KITCHEN TOYS

Getting new kitchen toys is always fun.  I ordered these two kinds of scissors or shears from a garden catalogue.  This past Spring, the DH ordered some gardening supplies from one of the garden companies and of course they also have a number of kitchen tools.  One tool is for cutting herbs and I thought this would be handy as I grow a number of herbs in the garden and this tool would work well for cutting basil, parsley and chives.  I find the tool works well for cutting herbs but they need to be dry in order to a better cut.  When I wash my herbs, I don't always dry them thoroughly before using so they can be damp at times.

The second tool is for cutting lettuce and other greens.  The bottom part of it is like a scooper so that you can scoop up pieces of lettuce and chop them in the scoop.  This tool is useful if you like your salads chopped.   Having these tools make chopping fun but are not a necessity.  A good knife will do the job just as well.
Shears for cutting herbs on the left.  Scissors choppers for salad on the right. 


No comments:

Post a Comment