Saturday, April 25, 2015

EDAMAME AND CORN SALAD

Buying fresh corn on the cob lends itself to a number of ways to cook it or add to recipes.  I do like eating cooked corn just on the cob with some butter, salt and pepper but I also like adding corn to salads.  Edamame beans and corn are good combination.  I buy a box of frozen edamame beans in their shell and use them in a variety of ways.  This recipe calls for balsamic vinegar and I used lemon flavoured balsamic vinegar.  If you like the taste of lemon, you can add some lemon juice to the recipe.  Both the DH and I enjoyed this salad.  


INGREDIENTS:

1 cup edamame beans
2 cups cooked fresh or frozen corn
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 shallot, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste


DIRECTIONS:

Mix ingredients in a medium size bowl.  Serves 2 to 4 depending on whether this is a side dish or more of a main dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment