Saturday, December 25, 2010

BAKED APPLE SLICES

I sometimes buy more apples than what we can eat at a reasonable pace and eventually we have too many apples.  I also prefer harder apples and so the search is on to figure out what to do with apples that are losing their crunch appeal.  I had six apples that needed to be used, they were losing their crispness and I had recently purchased more apples for the mid morning or afternoon work snack.  An easy recipe to make is baked apple slices.  I think the trick is to thinly slice the apples, the thinner the better.  If you want to have a more drier baked apple slice, you will need to bake it for longer than the 15 minutes than I did for this recipe.  Mind you, some slices were starting to dry already.  I provided the directions for this recipe in the photos.

Thinly slice apples and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  You need a sharp knife to really thinly slice the apples. 

Sprinkle the apples with brown sugar and cinnamon and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F. 

No comments:

Post a Comment