Wednesday, December 15, 2010

VEGETABLE FRIED RICE

One of the side dishes I like to cook when I have leftover rice is vegetable fried rice.  You can use a variety of vegetables based on preference.  I used onion, yellow pepper, celery and mushrooms.  The directions to make this rice dish is simple and I provided the directions with the photographs.  

Using a non-stick frying pan, on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of oil and saute one onion, five to six chopped mushrooms, half a chopped pepper and one chopped celery stick in. Cook for five minutes.



Use three to four cups of cooked rice. I used brown rice.

Add the rice to the frying pan, reduce the heat to low and cook until the rice starts to brown.


The vegetable rice is ready to eat. I serve with tamari or soya sauce. 

2 comments:

  1. Nummy. I like brown rice with nuts and lentils. This also looks good.

    ReplyDelete