Sunday, June 12, 2011

JUICING

A number of years ago the DH bought a fancy dancy expensive juicer.  It is a great juicer, rather on the large size and to take it apart to clean is frustrating and involves many steps.  Because it is not easy to use, we have tended to let it occupy space on my kitchen storage shelves in the basement.

Earlier this year, my sister-in-law told me about the Breville juicer she bought and how much she is enjoying it.  The juicer is highly recommended by others and has good customer ratings.  After doing some research, we purchased the same Breville juicer.  It is easy to use and also to dissemble for cleaning.  We already have several juicing books so there is no end to a variety of juice blends that we can start to make.  As soon as we got the juicer home, out of the box, cleaned and onto the kitchen counter, the juicing started.  The machine is quite powerful and when the switched was flipped to high, I jumped from the power of the machine pushing the pulp into the holding container.

The photos below show what ingredients I used in the juicer.  After having two classes of juice, I am quite full and don't have room for anything else at the moment.  I am sure I will develop some favorite blends and make those more often.   I do plan to make some greens based blends and will use some of the swiss chard that is growing in my garden.

A picture of the juicer on the box it came in.

The juicer has three major components - on the left is where the pulp collects, the middle is the actual juicer and the container on the right is where the juice flows into. 

The first juice I made included apples, celery, carrots, ginger and parsley.

The finished product.

The second juice was apples, beets, carrots, ginger and cilantro.

The finished product.

1 comment:

  1. wow what an opportunity working for such a great brand!! you really did well landing that one. congrats!


    Juicers

    ReplyDelete