Wednesday, July 20, 2011

GREEN BEANS WITH DILL

Every year I grow green beans in the garden.  They are not ready yet for picking so I bought a bag from Costco.  Of course being from Costco it is not a small bag.  I like to add seasonings to the cooked beans and made this easy recipe with dill from my garden.  I like this recipe as it has fresh dill and lemon.

Beans washed and drained in a colander.  I wash about two handfuls.  Using a chopping board I cut the beans into halves and thirds. They are then placed in a saucepan and cooked until soft but more al dente.  Drain the beans and place into a bowl.

I zest most of a lemon and will chop a small handful of dill. Add to the beans. Squeeze a few slices of lemon and add to the beans.

Add 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil to the beans.  Salt and pepper to taste.   Mix the beans with all of the added ingredients.

Ready to serve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment