Wednesday, March 30, 2011

MARINADE FOR CHICKEN AND OTHER MEAT

When I plan ahead, I like to be able to marinade meat I am going to cook.  While browsing cookbooks and the Internet, I decided to make this marinade based on a variation of a number of recipes.   I used these portions to marinade ten medium size chicken thighs.  I mix the marinade in a zip lock bag and toss the chicken thighs into the bag.  I place the bag in the fridge for a couple of hours before roasting or grilling the meat.  Every hour or so I turn the bag over so that all sides of the meat gets coated.  I think this marinade is good for any cut of meat.



MARINADE FOR CHICKEN

¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup soy sauce
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
¼ tsp each salt and pepper (or to taste)

Mix marinade in a zip lock bag and add the meat.  Refrigerate for several hours before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment