Saturday, March 12, 2011

ROAST CARROTS AND PARSNIPS

A real easy recipe to make is roast carrots and parsnips.  When making a roast or baking fish in the oven, I will also roast vegetables to accompany the meal.  You can use many different kinds of vegetables and I tend to use root vegetables when using this recipe.  I use clay baking trays which doesn't require you to flip the vegetables over half way through the cooking process.  Using a clay baker, the food browns on both sides.

Carrots and parsnips cut up and tossed with olive oil.

Ready for baking on clay baking trays.

Just out of the oven.  I crisp them up but not too much. 

Ready to be served.

INGREDIENTS:


2 medium to large carrots, peeled and sliced in thin strips
2 medium sized parsnips, peeled and sliced into thin strips
olive oil
your favourite herbs or spices

DIRECTIONS:


In a mixing bowl, toss the cut up vegetables with a little bit of olive oil.  Sprinkle with your favourite spices or herbs.  I use a non salt seasoning used for grilling meat.  I typically use the seasoning for grilling chicken.  Toss to combine everything.  Spread out on baking sheets.  I use clay baking trays as I think they help crisp the vegetables.  Bake at 375 to 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes.  Check on the vegetables after 20 to 25 minutes.  You want them to brown but not too crispy that they are over cooked.  Serves 2 to 3.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't roasted veggies the best? In the summer I make trays of them when we come home from the farmers' market to put on salad all week.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and pointing me to yours. It is always great to know about another health conscious blog.

    enjoy your weekend,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete